Young Homer Changes the Songs of Troy. An old bard has an old version of the Trojan War. He complains about how his former pupil is rewriting it.
Alternate History – The Seven Months War of 1914
- Part 1: The Fall of Lloyd George and The Tory War
- Part 2: The Marne and Tannenberg
- Part 3: The Christmas Truce and the Bryan Plan
- Part 4: Peace Plans and the Problem of Bosnia
- Part 5: The Consequences of the 1915 Peace
Tales of the Homestars
Three loosely-connected stories in a single imagined future.
Two stand-alone chapters from an unfinished novel called Kind Hearts and Cold Equations.
- First introducing two of the major character in “I thought you were an osteopath” – the lady is actually a sociopath, though under careful supervision.
- Then the passage by a gas giant, which features some of the other characters.
Einstein and the Official Christmas Day. Short story. The complications of time dilation and also alloparents.
Three more stand-alone chapters from another stand-alone novel, this one called Robotka: Fallen From Heaven. Robotkas are artificial people who look just like human women, and often feel the same, except they have been raised to view themselves as much inferior.
- The first chapter tell how a robotka gets left behind on a Neo-Primitive world that has its own kind of mediaeval order.
- The next explains how the Robokta and the man she’s looking after get drawn into the local politics.
- Meantime the family that owned the robotka have run into trouble, as the next chapter explains.