Bring Me The Head of Lady Godiva. My own version of a famous Coventry tale.
Gandalf’s Dream. Supposing Gandalf had been wrong and Frodo’s ring was not the One Ring?
Young Homer Changes the Songs of Troy. An old bard has an old version of the Trojan War. He complains about how his former pupil is rewriting it.
One Walked To War. Centuries in the future, a space settlement has become mediaeval. One good-natured but dangerous soldier tells his own small story.
Very Short Stories – less than 500 words each.
Short Stories – less than 1000 words each.
Alternate History – The Seven Months War of 1914
- Part 1: The Fall of Lloyd George and The Tory War:
- Part 2: The Marne and Tannenberg
- Part 3: The Christmas Truce and the Bryan Plan
- Part 4: Peace Plans and the Problem of Bosnia
- Part 5: The Consequences of the 1915 Peace
Also available as a PDF, The Seven Months War of 1914
Tales of the Homestars
Some loosely-connected stories in a single imagined future.
Three stand-alone chapters from an unfinished novel called Kind Hearts and Cold Equations.
- Kindness, Choice and Psychopaths. Some ethical dilemmas.
- I thought you were an osteopath. The lady is actually a sociopath, though under careful supervision.
- Passage by a gas giant. Visiting a world older and colder than Jupiter.
Einstein and the Official Christmas Day. Short story. The complications of time dilation and of having a father who dies centuries ago.
The Ashes Of My Brief Existence. A teenage delinquent knows that she must die, that others may live.
Three more stand-alone chapters from another stand-alone novel, this one called Robotka: Fallen From Heaven. Robotkas are artificial people who look just like human women, and often feel the same, except they have been raised to view themselves as much inferior.
- The first chapter tell how a robotka gets left behind on a Neo-Primitive world that has its own kind of mediaeval order.
- The next explains how the Robotka and the man she’s looking after get drawn into the local politics.
- Meantime the family that owned the robotka have run into trouble, as the next chapter explains.