Young Homer Changes the Songs of Troy. An old bard has an old version of the Trojan War. He complains about how his former pupil is rewriting it.
Very Short Stories – less than 400 words each.
Alternate History – The Seven Months War of 1914
- Part 1: The Fall of Lloyd George and The Tory War
- Part 2: The Marne and Tannenberg
- Part 3: The Christmas Truce and the Bryan Plan
- Part 4: Peace Plans and the Problem of Bosnia
- Part 5: The Consequences of the 1915 Peace
Tales of the Homestars
Three loosely-connected stories in a single imagined future.
Two stand-alone chapters from an unfinished novel called Kind Hearts and Cold Equations.
- First introducing two of the major character in “I thought you were an osteopath” – the lady is actually a sociopath, though under careful supervision.
- Then the passage by a gas giant, which features some of the other characters.
Einstein and the Official Christmas Day. Short story. The complications of time dilation and also alloparents.
Three more stand-alone chapters from another stand-alone novel, this one called Robotka: Fallen From Heaven. Robotkas are artificial people who look just like human women, and often feel the same, except they have been raised to view themselves as much inferior.
- The first chapter tell how a robotka gets left behind on a Neo-Primitive world that has its own kind of mediaeval order.
- The next explains how the Robokta and the man she’s looking after get drawn into the local politics.
- Meantime the family that owned the robotka have run into trouble, as the next chapter explains.