What’s New – 29th June
The Mixed Economy Won the Cold War. How the West was tricked into mistrusting its highly successful Mixed Economy system. How the Baby Boomers were sold ‘Imaginary Capitalism’ as the answer to their dreams of Freedom.
May 22nd – some short stories, all but the last under 1000 words
- Turning the Year. Christmas or Winter Solstice in a world very unlike our own.
- Mistcrap in Flipworld. Another Christmas, but this one darkly comic.
- Vindalf’s Gift. A man goes gambling near Christmas, but gets a chilling surprise.
- Fire works, Ice Endures. Britain has snow on Bonfire Night. How does a Guardian Spirit handle it?
- Einstein and the Official Christmas Day. The complications of time dilation, and of having a father who dies centuries ago.
- Becoming Dangerous Yellow. An Incarnate Idea finds he is outdated in the ever-changing Real World. Can he shift?
- Third Time Lucky. A Briton from 2015 finds himself mysteriously in 1915. He could change history. But should he?
- The Ashes Of My Brief Existence. A teenage delinquent knows that she must die, that others may live.
- One Walked To War. Centuries in the future, a space settlement has become mediaeval. One good-natured but dangerous soldier tells his own small story.
- 10) Human Biological History & Nature
- 15) Other Science
- 20) British History
- 25) World History
- 30) Human Dynamics
- 35) Politics
- 40) Against globalisation
- 50) About Literature, Film and Art
- 55) About Tolkien
- 60) About Science Fiction and Fantasy
- 70) My Own Science Fiction
- 80) Holiday Photos
- 90) Humour
- 95) My Artwork
- About Me
- My Father Raymond Williams
Additions In The Last 12 Months
21st January. Asocialism: Part One; The Muon and the Green Great Dragon. Also available as a PDF, Problems 28 – The Muon and the Green Great Dragon. I have also separated out most of the topics as separate small articles, which will be easier to read:
- Why Muons were real, even when no one had believed they should exist. Or could explain why they did exist.
- Why atoms are not really ‘a hole in a hole‘.
- Why any native English speaker knows that a ‘green great dragon’ is bad English, but would be unlikely to know why. It starts from Tolkien’s observations on the matter.
- Reality – Schrodinger’s Cat.
- How religions came in waves of ideas, and gave us ways to organise our thinking that had not existed before. But show their human origin, by always supposing that it was a universe made as a dwelling for humans and similar creatures
6th November. What Was The Lowest Ever Number of Sovereign States? An estimate suggesting a minimum of less than 60 just before World War One.
- Four menus of new material:
10) Human Biological History & Nature
15) Other Science
20) British History
25) World History.
- (All of them were previously posted at the Long Revolution website. Organised differently here.)